We Are Now Offering TeleHealth Appointments via telephone or video. Please call 02 5110 3155
Dr Shiamala Suntharalingam
BSc(Hons), MB BS, DRCOG, DFFP, LoCIUT, LoCSDI, MRCGP (UK), FRACGP, DCH, CertFPAA (Aus)
Dr Shiamala Suntharalingam graduated from St George’s Hospital Medical School (UK) in 1997, then undertook GP training.
She has special interests in women’s health and family planning, including STI checks and contraception insertion/removal.
Dr Shiamala provides care to patients of all ages, from child health and immunisations to chronic disease management.
She also has interests in preventive care, travel and acute medicine, offering minor procedures such as suturing wounds and skin lesion biopsy/excision (not head or neck).
Her areas of interest are:
- Women Health from Menarche to Menopause and beyond
- Fertility Investigations and referrals
- Antenatal and PostNatal Care/ Shared Care with Canberra Hospital Maternity Options
- Child Health Checks/Immunisations and acute and chronic presentations
- Mental Health and Eating Disorders Management
- Men’s Health
- Chronic disease management
- Immunisations –child and adult
- Sexual Health
- Contraception – Implant and hormone/ copper IUD insertions and removals
- Unplanned Pregnancy Management
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- Referrals for Surgical Termination of Pregnancy
- Travel Medicine
- Preventative Care
- 30yr+ Heart Health Checks
- 45-49yr Health Checks
- 75+ yr Health Checks
- Diabetes Screening
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Overweight and Obesity Management
- Iron Infusions
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Biopsy and Excision of Skin Lesions/ Cryotherapy –Not head and Neck